Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Ophthalmology)
Townsville University Hospital, Queensland
The Staff Specialist (Ophthalmology) provides optimal patient care as a Surgeon, leading and managing the provision of medical services in accordance with the standard of the speciality, the ethics of the profession and in accordance with the Townsville Hospital and Health Service and Queensland Health policies, in a hospital, community and outreach setting.
The role of the Specialist is to provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services, this includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
What's on offer?
Remuneration package of up to $486,763 p.a., comprising base salary range of $188,800 - $239,377 p.a. (L18-L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave (3.6 weeks p.a.), private practice arrangements, communications package, professional indemnity cover and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
Other employment benefits offered by our health service (if applicable to the position) include: on-call allowances, shift allowances, locality allowances, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs, employee assistance program and salary sacrificing options.
About the role
- Provide comprehensive ophthalmology services across a wide range of pathologies and patient age within the Department of Ophthalmology.
- Work within the team charter of Ophthalmology to build a collegiate team and happy workplace.
- Provide support to the Director Ophthalmology in leading and participating in service development activities in respect of the Ophthalmology Department within your realm of responsibility.
- Provide professional leadership in respect of the Ophthalmology Department activities and in particular, your specialty team(s).
- Manage the delivery of patient care in the area of Ophthalmology Surgery including management of complex clinical situations.
- Qualified as a medical practitioner with qualifications in Ophthalmology and current registration and / or eligible for registration as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia in that field.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- All applicants must be awarded SoCP by the THHS Credentialing and SoCP committee.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists or equivalent or evidence of working towards this. Candidates who will be obtaining fellowship in the near future are encouraged to apply. Appointment will be at a lower classification level until minimum requirements for the Staff Specialist classification are obtained.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
Enquiries Donna Dowling (07) 4433 3496
Job Ad Reference TV465113
For further information or to submit an online application: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV465113
Closing Date Wednesday, 22 February 2023